Rockville MD physician discusses tips to decrease wrinkles
As we age, our faces change. Lines and wrinkles begin to form across the face and neck. With improvements in medicine and technology, now we can decrease wrinkles and age gracefully. Dr. Ronald Prussick of Washington Dermatology Center in Rockville, MD offers Botox.
Treatments for wrinkles
Botox is a neurotoxin that has been used for over 20 years to relax the muscles. When injected into specific areas of the face, the muscles relax, allowing lines and wrinkles to soften and become less prominent. Botox can be used to address wrinkles in the following areas:
- Glabella, the space between the eyebrows
- Crow’s feet, the lines on the outside corners of the eyes
- Forehead lines
- Lines around the mouth or along the neck
The following tips help ensure a positive Botox treatment.
- Find a physician you trust. Dr. Prussick understands the lines, muscles, and structure of the face and skin. This gives him the knowledge of the best placement of Botox injections.
- Be open with your doctor. Talk to your physician about your expectations and medical history, including any prior Botox experience. Your history and expectations will help determine the amount of Botox you need.
- Plan your appointment ahead of time. Your lines and wrinkles will not fade immediately. It takes about 7 days for the effects of Botox to appear.
- Stay upright and avoid exercise for a few hours after treatment. Botox can migrate to other areas. To avoid that possibility, avoid physical activity, or massaging your face for a few hours following your Botox injections.
If you are searching for a way to hide your lines and wrinkles, contact Dr. Ronald Prussick and his team at Washington Dermatology Center. Make an appointment today at our Rockville, MD location. 855-314-1424
Back to Botox Page