How dermal needling treatment in Rockville works
Advances in dermatological technology have brought about changes in treatments that lead to less invasive therapies and more predictable results. One such treatment that is considered extremely safe and effective is dermal needling. This form of skin-improving treatment is only minimally invasive and is non-ablative. Essentially, dermal needling is the process of gently, precisely, creating tiny “injuries” to the skin, an act that sets off a rejuvenating response.
The controlled micro-wounds that occur from the tiny needles of the microneedling device trigger the production of elastin and collagen into the dermis. New capillaries are also formed in the healing process. With the surge of new cells and substances, the skin gains improved texture, greater hydration, and more firmness. Dermal needling is also used in the treatment of scars.
Some of the issues that may be improved with dermal needling include:
- Scars, including hypertrophic types
- Stretch marks, which may fade with dermal needling
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Poor pigmentation, such as melasma
- Sagging skin
Benefits of dermal needling treatment in Rockville
Patients respond quite favorably to dermal needling, experiencing a number of benefits. Some of the favorable aspects of dermal needling include:
- Patients with sensitive skin may undergo this minimally invasive treatment.
- Dermal needling is suitable for patients with darker skin tones, and has a low risk of hyperpigmentation.
- Treatment is performed in our comfortable office setting.
- Cost-effective dermal needling may be performed on areas not suited to laser treatment or chemical peel, such as around the eyes.
- Multiple treatments may be performed safely, as the epidermis is not damaged in the treatment process.
- Treated and untreated skin blends naturally, with no line of differentiation. This makes scar treatment more effective and convenient.
- Depending on the level of treatment, it is possible to resume normal activities in just a few days.
In as little as two weeks following treatment, and for as long as eight months, patients may see optimal skin rejuvenation taking place. Dr. Prussick of Washington Dermatology Center provides gentle, effective treatment based on individual needs. Your skin is all yours. Your treatment plan should reflect this.
Call Washington Dermatology Center in Rockville, or Frederick, and schedule your skin-improving consultation.Back to Dermal Needling Page