Frederick, MD area dermatologist provides a wide selection of skin treatments
If you are seeking a dermatologist office near you in the Frederick, MD, area that offers a wide range of skin treatments, we welcome you to speak to Dr. Ronald Prussick and associates of Washington Dermatology Center. He provides the following services for new and current patients to enhance and improve the skin:
- Dermal fillers – dermal fillers are injectable gels that are used to add volume directly where they are needed. When these gels are administered into fine lines, wrinkles, and folds of the face, they can smooth these areas and provide a more youthful appearance. Most dermal fillers will last at least 6-12 months before reinjection is needed, and they can be used in conjunction with neuromodulators such as Botox or Dysport.
- Neuromodulators – neuromodulators are injections used in the muscles to reduce muscle contractions. Popular brands include Botox and Dysport which have been utilized for years by dermatologists to achieve a more youthful look and address imperfections near the upper portion of the face, including crow’s feet, glabellar lines, and forehead folds.
- Dermal needling – also known as microneedling, dermal needling is a treatment that uses a specialized device with many small needles. This device punctures the skin to stimulate the skin’s natural healing response. This includes a boost in collagen and elastin production, which can smooth and improve the skin’s firmness and overall texture.
- Laser hair removal – patients with unwanted hair on the face or body will want to ask their provider about the advantages of laser hair removal. Instead of waxing, plucking, shaving, and using depilatory creams, patients can now remove hair from their face and body with a desirable laser treatment. This treatment focuses on the hair follicles and can provide a reduction of hair thickness or complete removal, depending on the needs and desires of the patient.
- Laser and light-based treatments – lasers and lights, including IPL (intense pulsed light), are used in many dermatology practices for a wide range of indications. Most patients seeking skin rejuvenation or overall improvement in the texture and tone of the skin can benefit from these therapies. Many patients find that regular treatment sessions can provide noticeable results over time, ensuring beautiful skin.
- Skin cancer treatments – our dermatologists also provides skin cancer treatment, as well as screenings and biopsies. Our team also educates patients on ways to protect their skin and reduce their risk of skin cancer, such as proper sun protection every day.
- Chemical peels – another skin rejuvenation treatment is that of chemical peels. Using a unique blend of chemicals tailored to a patient’s desires, our team can provide deep exfoliation to stimulate skin cell turnover with increased collagen and elastin.
Discuss the advantages of taking good care of your skin.
Call Dr. Ronald B. Prussick and his team at Washington Dermatology Center today by connecting to any one of his two convenient locations in Rockville and Frederick, MD, at 855-314-1424. His practice is equipped with the latest technologies and solutions for patients in the community who are seeking healthy, beautiful skin.